There is now more and more speculation surrounding the next generation iPhone. Many different reports are happening over t’internet, so I’ll try and bring all these details together here.
So what do we know right now?
Look and feel
There are still many people who are unsure if the pictures surfacing are real. These pictures are beginning to look authentic as they are all starting to look consistent. Yesterday, Engadget published a picture of a unit found on the floor of a San Jose, California bar.
Some have said this looks like either a mock up of a new Apple handset, or a fakey iPhone look alike from the Far East.
Not sure when this is, but there are reports that AT&T staff have had their vacation cancelled in June, so it looks as if we’re heading for a 22nd June launch or announcement. Many websites are reporting that Apple has booked the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco for a big launch on that day.
- Perhaps a version for Verizon owners in the USA, therefore different hardware for their CDMA network and moving away from their exclusive agreement with AT&T
- The iPhone 4G or HD will have a 960×640 display, which is double the current iPhone’s resolution
- The phone will be powered by an A4-family CPU/GPU hybrid, the same Apple-developed 1GHz chip found inside the iPad
- The software in OS4 and other rumours suggest the phone will also include a second front facing camera for video chat
I’m hoping (but no proof yet) of a better camera with flash
- And, who knows, but I’m going to say wireless N!